Officer Staff 17th Armored Engineer Battalion
At Cork Forest in French Morocco, Africa in the Spring, 1943
Made in cork forest in French Morocco in the Spring, 1943.
Standing (left to right): Lts. Hillenbrand, Kabler, Albano, Whiting, Rawles, Klibert, Christian, Crim (Crimmins), McGuire, Loughran, Turner, Smith, Lloyd, McAdams, Lindstrom and Reed.
Seated (second row): Novotny, Bertram (Chaplain), Hazen, Culberts (*Culbertson), Katzenberg, Kelly, McMahan, Hargett, Hazzard, Dullard.
Seated (first row): Capts. Bentley, Fry, Hall, Sutter, Zucco, McCawley, Hereford, Jones, Youngblood, Thompson, Lts Williams, Slatterbo, Higgs.
Front Row: Col. Hurely, Major Sweich and Captain Carter.
Officers 17th Armored Engineer Battalion indentified on the photo:
Africa in Cork Forest in French Morocco in the Spring, 1943
Standing (left to right):
- Crim, (Crimmins)
- Turner, (Fracis C. Turner)
Seated (second row):
- Bertram (Chaplain Bertram),
- Hergett, (Hargett)
Seated (first row):
- Colonel. Hurely,
- Major Sweich,
- Captain Carter.
Officer Staff 17th Armored Engineer Battalion at “Tidworth Barracks” in England, May/ June 1944
Colorised Officer Staff 17th Armored Engineer Battalion at “Tidworth Barracks” in England, May/ June 1944
Names of the Officers:
SITTING (left to right):
1. Capt. Jones (Allen Jones Jr)
2. Lt. Kelly, 07/28/1944 KIA (Killed in Action)
3. Capt. Carter.
4. Capt. Hall,
5. Ccl. Correll, (LTC Louis W Correll)
6. Maj. Rarick.
7. Capt. Fry,
8. Capt. Herford, (Robert Earl Hereford)
9. Chaplain Bertram
FIRST ROW STANDING:
10. Capt. Hargett,
11. Capt. Samson,
12. Capt. Hazzard, (Meredyth Roberts Hazzard)
14. Capt. Youngblood, (More about Capt Youngblood in “The Rhineland Campaign – from the Roer to the Rhine” (George Lawrence Youngblood, Sr)
15. Lt. Smith, (Grady Lawrence Smith)
16. Capt. Novotny,
17. Capt. Marc,
18. Lt. Reed,
19. Lt. Yarosh.
20. Lt. Arnone,
21. Lt. Christian,
22. Lt. McAdams,
23. Capt. Sutter,
24. Lt. Lloyd,
25. Lt. Mcguire,
26. Lt. Ruffle,
27. Lt. Januzzi, 06/16/1944 KIA (Killed in Action)
28. Lt. Mitchell, 11/23/1944 KIA (Killed in Action)
29. Lt. Kabler.
30. Lt. Laurino,
32. Lt. Parfett,
33. Lt. Coan,
34. Lt. Thompson,
35. Mr. Benedict,
36. Lt. Hillenbrand,
37. Lt. Whitting,
38. Lt. Loughran,
39. Lt. Schofield.
40. Lt. Spears, (read more about LT Edwin E Spears here)
41. Capt. Hazen.
42. Lt. Turner, (read more about LT Francis Turner here)
43. Lt. Albano,
44. Mr Klibert,
45. Lt. Hamilton,
46. Lt. Steltenpole, (James A Steltenpohl)
47. Lt. Lindstrom,
17th Armored Engineer Battalion at Baddeckenstedt Railwaystation Germany, spring 1945
17th Armored Engineer Battalion Officers kneeling or standing in three rows for a unit photograph, Berlin
Research and written by M. Brandjes
Edited: march 2021